□ Project Title : Sensor Detection for Digital Radiography using Mercuric Iodide Photo-detector
□ Korean Company : DRTech(DRT)
Israeli Company : Real-Time Radiography(RTR)
□ Project Duration : July 1st 2004 ~ Oct 31st 2005(16 months)
□ Objective of Project
The objective of the project was to develop a new X-ray image capturing device in digital format, called ‘Flat-Panel Digital X-ray Detector’, which is installed in the X-ray equipment.
□ Outcome of the Project
A prototype of the new digital x-ray detector has been developed successfully with the new x-ray photo conducting material, Mercury Iodide (HgI2)
During the project, both companies have developed new Readout IC more optimized than ever and are using the IC in existing product of a-Se TFT array. This new electronics is still being used for DRTech’s current detector products very usefully.
□ Cooperation & Benefits
Both companies have cooperated in the following areas to maximize its competitive advantages and launch the new product successfully in the market
1) Price competitiveness over competing products through DRT’s excellent manufacturing technologies
2) Stable supply of new photoconductor coating for DRT with competitive price by RTR
3) Co-development of new photoconductor material and flat panel technologies
Through this project, both companies envisaged the other party’s technology: DRT has learned more about the photo conducting materials and the measurement techniques competitiveness from RTR.
□ Repayment of Grant
- Sales volume at the completion of project: USD 664,659
- Completion of the royalty payment: USD 43,670