□ Project Title : A Security Intrusion Prevention System appliance with a Quad Fiber Bypass networking card
□ Korean Company : Expernet Co., Ltd.
Israeli Company : Silicom Ltd.
□ Project Duration : April 1st 2005 ~ July 31st 2005 (4 months)
□ Objective of Project
The objective of the project was to develop IPS(Intrusion Prevention System) which include a quad port, PCI-X Gigabit Ethernet optical(Fiber) Bypass card, including a Bypass functionality, by cooperating Silicom Bypass technology into the adapter.
□ Outcome of the Project
(1) Develop IPS appliance, as good as designed appliance specification.
(2) Develop network card with bypass function, as good as designed bypass card specification.
(3) Complete to integrated IPS software and bypass card into IPS appliance and to test system successfully, and release IPS appliance and card in market.
□ Cooperation & Benefits
Both companies have to maximize its competitive advantages and build the new IPS appliance successfully in the market
Through this project, both companies improved the comprehension of each company’s techniques (Bypass and IPS functionalities)
As release innovative IPS appliance with Quad Fiver Bypass Card in security and appliance market, improved company competitive power and
□ Repayment of Grant
- Sales volume at the completion of project: US$160,362
- Completion of the royalty payment: US$ 4,009